Thursday 26 April 2012

Save your money, stay at The Feathers.

The Britannia Adelphi Hotel, Liverpool. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, and this is from someone who has stayed in hostels and cheap B and Bs. I bought a night here as a treat and it was anything but. My room was next to the lifts and the loud movement of the liftshaft kept me awake all night. The receptionist promised, when I asked, to turn the heating off but never did and the window would not open in my room so I was roasting in January. I could not get room service so went to bed hungry and disappointed as the restaurants were shut already and the gym had limited hours of access and I would not have booked this hotel if I had thought I could not get food or exercise when I wanted to, after all at £200 odd a night, I had expected much better. Summary: Dismal hotel, over hyped and over priced. *The above review was written in 2008, but subsequent experiences of the hotel in question mean that I stand by what I wrote originally*

No comments:

Post a Comment