Sunday 27 May 2012

I Know That Name.

Obviously, I'd heard of Mike & The Mechanics, and also Paul Carrack, but this album is my first real introduction to his music. I own and love the Eagles' album Long Road Out Of Eden, and when I found out that a song from it; I Don't Want To Hear Any More was originally written by Carrack, I decided to give him some further investigation. This album reminds me a lot of one of my other favourite artists, Elvis Costello. There are also some elements of Burt Bacharach and Allen Toussaint in certain parts. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the album, especially the track which got my attention in the first place; I Don't Want To Hear Anymore. There was not a bad or weak track, or any I'd skip over, but similarly, there were none which really stood out to me either. I guess Carrack is at a stage where he is past caring about chart rankings and massive sales volumes, although both would be nice, and just concentrating on making the music he loves, which shines through on this album. I look forward to exploring his back catalogue as he's really impressed me with this offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment