Tuesday 8 May 2012

Jubilee Breakfast

I was rather devoid of inspiration yesterday as I hunted for something to eat for lunch. I browsed the sandwich aisle in my local Sainsbury's and came face to face with the rather delicious sounding Jubilee Breakfast sandwich. Even better, it was available as part of the meal deal, so I decided to give it a try. The Jubilee Breakfast sandwich is touted as being: Eggs, smoked salmon, bucks fizz & lemon mayonnaise on oatmeal bread. It looks lovely and fresh with an appealing range of colours in its retro union jack adorned packaging. Of course, unless you've been living under a rock, you'll know that this year is the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, which is what this new sandwich creation is in honour of. It's a celebration of all things British.
I took the above photo using the Instagram app and put the "1977" effect on as it makes it feel retro, harking back to the Silver Jubilee in the 70s and again, rather British and summery and feel-good. As for the sandwich itself, it was delicious. I would have preferred the egg to be scrambled, but that is a moot point really. The mayonnaise was flavoursome and not too sweet as I feared it might be. I'll definitely be indulging in a few more of these before they are withdrawn (that's the bad thing about limited editions).

No comments:

Post a Comment