Tuesday 15 May 2012

Life on Nars

I discovered the Nars cosmetic range many years ago at Space NK and Harvey Nichols in London, and back then it was just as wonderful as it is now, but since I first started using the brand, they have expanded massively, adding a whole host of new colours. My current favourite items, which I wear on a regular basis are as follows: Powder blush in Orgasm, a peachy pink shade which flatters my pale skin and blonde hair.
Sometimes I use a cream blush instead, and I like the soft rosy pink colour provided by Penny Lane
I wear glasses, so prefer to make a feature of my eyes, rather than my lips, as they need more makeup to make them pop. I wear the trio eyeshadow in Arabian Nights, which can be worn day or night despite being smokey and sparkly
I don't like to look too overdone, so I wear a smokey grey eyeliner pencil instead of black; London is my shade of choice
And I finish my eyes off with Larger Than Life Volumising Mascara
Bearing in mind, it's a fairly strong look I have chosen for my eyes, I keep the lip colour natural. I use Dolce Vita lipstick
and for nights out, I use Rosebud lipliner both to line and also to colour in my entire lip as a base coat beneath the lipstick
and coat Baby Doll Lip Lacquer over the top to add a subtle gloss
I know these products are pricey but for me they are worth it as they don't irritate my skin and they last a long, long time, both on me and in my makeup bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment