Monday 7 May 2012

Not the most novel approach, but still worth a read.

With an interest in eventually writing and getting published, I decided to give this book a try. Having been on a day's course with the NUJ, I had that experience to compare the knowledge gleaned from this book with, although I found the price of longer courses a bit prohibitive at the moment. The author is successful in her own right, with more than 100 published titles. The aim of this book isn't to guarantee you commissions from editors or a multi-million pound publishing deal with one of the top houses, but it is definitely likely to get you further than you would without reading it. The reader is asked to consider the audience, consider the product they intend to sell, and consider its USP. The points could perhaps be conveyed more succinctly in places, but still I would say that there are several worthwhile points made and things I will be doing myself from now on as a direct result of reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment