Friday 5 October 2012

I certainly was Taken with this film...

With the release of Taken 2, which I am looking forward to seeing, I revisted my old review on Amazon and also re-watched the first Taken film. Below are my thoughts on the film as written in early 2009. When I saw this film last year, I was really surprised it wasn't more hyped up, lauded and attracting higher audience volumes than the one I was in. I don't really like gangster films; I like chick flicks. So for me to give this top marks and sing its praises shows what a great film it is. Like the reviewer Anna has also said, despite Liam Neeson's character shooting anyone and everyone, it's not too gratuitous or bloody. I also agree that I had a pretty good idea where the story was going, but I was not bored by this, and I was still engaged and entertained all the way through. The ending was chick flick enough to keep me happy too, although at this stage I was rather enjoying the fights!! I also felt that some parts of the story were not so far removed from reality, more specifically the human trafficking and the violence of the usually Eastern European gangs which operate such things...so it was quite harrowing to see these scenes. I also had a vested interest in this film as I work in security. An overlooked film and one of the best from 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment